2010-12-19

Marriage Proposal - Not for $1000/mo?!

I enjoy having interesting conversations with people I meet in public, aka the "subway", since it was there (and on the bus) I started talking to vandals, to get them to stop.

Yesterday was another such encounter, in Penn Station NYC. A peddler started asking me for money.
Me> No thank you, but have a great day!
Mr.Cashmere> I like your eyes! Please won't you help me out? The bible says...
Me, interrupting> I don't think anyone should go by the bible. 
Mr.Cashmere, astonished look, looking at me closer>
Me> I think people should think for themselves.
Mr.Cashmere> I want to take you home! 
//note; the order may be a little off.  Mr.Cashmere is not  here to correct me so I apologize.
Me> smiling> Thank you that is very sweet :), but I think not.
Mr.Cashmere> If you were with me you'd never want for grits or bread or any food! I make $1000/month! Look at this coat; see the inside? It's cashmere!!
Me> That's terrific.
Mr.Cashmere> It's alot of money but it's not enough to buy an apartment in NYC.
Me> Yes, that's because the government has regulated out of existence all the apartments you could afford.
Mr.Cashmere> I'm homeless.
Me> I think the government is not helping and most people don't understand that.
Mr.Cashmere> Where can I go to get an apartment? Here I can only go in with someone. Please can I come home with you? Can I get an apartment in your neighborhood?
Me, laughing> Well, no nothing in NYC area is under $1000/month. Maybe you could go to Illinois or maybe Detroit where they have all those empty houses.

No comments:

Post a Comment